Many people associate chiropractic care with crackling backs and snapping necks & shoulders, but it is much more than that. Although chiropractic care is primarily concerned with alignment and adjustment, it also involves improving body function to a great extent.
Knee discomfort is one of the most prevalent causes behind why our patients come to visit us. Our knees perform countless activities round the clock. Think for a split second about how much you bend down your knees to even perform the basic of tasks like climbing the stairs or picking up something. You may even enjoy a sport on a routine basis or perhaps are fond of hiking or jogging.
The knee not only bends and straightens innumerable times during the day, but it also bears the weight of the upper body and limbs. In addition to operating as a hinge joint, the knee also has some rotational mobility. While it increases the strength and flexibility of the body, it also increases the risk of injury to the knee.
Knee pain, acute or severe, can become a hurdle in your routine functioning. It may even at times feel like a restraint on your ability to strive. Chiropractic therapy, fortunately, can benefit patients who suffer from knee pain.
Even though we live in an era of incredible medical discoveries, finding a lasting approach to healthcare seems almost impossible. The reason behind it is that no single medicine or therapy can effectively treat persistent joint pain. There are several qualifiers to contemplate, with many forms of treatment accessible, including both orthodox and alternative treatments and natural cures. We understand that deciding on the appropriate treatment option can be difficult. However, before resorting to surgery, one should look for other alternatives. You can begin addressing the knee problem causing you pain without doing anything intrusive with the correct supervision and care from a certified Gonstead chiropractor.
The leading causes of Knee Pain
A variety of factors can become a leading cause of knee pain. The following are some of the most prevalent:
People can develop knee pain at the onset of an injury. Knee contusions, ligament sprains, tendonitis, muscle strains, and even puncture include acute knee injuries.
Chronic medical disorders and injuries might cause the cartilaginous cushion between the upper and lower leg bones to deteriorate over time. Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis are two of the most likely triggers.
Lifestyle & Habits:
Many other variables contribute to the chronic degeneration of the knee joint, including posture, lifestyle, and obesity.
Five Signs indicating to seek a Gonstead Chiropractor
- If you feel a sharp popping in your knee followed by instantaneous swelling
- If stiffness and weakness build over time
- If your knee discomfort is severe enough to prevent you from performing daily tasks
- If your knees are still hurting after you have tried minimizing your levels of activity
- If your knee discomfort persists even after you have taken pain relievers
What to Expect When You See a Gonstead Chiropractor
When you feel the pain coming from the knee, acquire a thorough evaluation of all the anatomical areas surrounding the knee, including the low back, pelvis, hip, ankle, and foot. Their evaluation is necessary since they have a significant impact on the knee.
We obtain a detailed clinical record and carry a thorough physical and biomechanical evaluation to achieve an ultimate diagnosis and devise an effective treatment regimen at San Diego chiropractors. Our chiropractic knee manipulations can provide considerable therapeutic benefit while also minimizing crushing and popping sensations in the knee.
A chiropractor in San Diego, CA, can treat knee discomfort in several ways. These are some of them:
- The Gonstead chiropractor can treat knee pain without medicine prescriptions or surgeries to avoid complications and side effects.
- San Diego Chiropractors take the trouble to figure out what is causing your knee pain. We treat the complaints and the underlying cause rather than just the ailments on the surface. It ensures that problems do not resurface later.
- A chiropractor in San Diego, CA, will evaluate the knee and provide adjustments to align it properly. The manipulations put the knee in the maximum suited posture for recovery.
- Finally, to bolster the muscles around the knee, a Gonstead chiropractor will use adjunct therapies such as physiotherapy, Myofascial release, and massages. It will give the knee even more stability, eliminating the chances of the problem arising again.
- The chiropractic treatment theory found its basis on the belief that spinal misalignments cause much of the discomfort we experience in our bodies. Chiropractors in San Diego, CA, on the other hand, do not just examine the spine when dealing with a patient. As a part of an overall comprehensive treatment, they guide patients on diet, nutrition, and healthy lifestyle choices.
The above stated are a few of the many ways a Gonstead Chiropractor can cure your knee. These therapies efficiently and drastically increase flexibility and can aid in the reinstatement of clients to their routine life.
So if you are searching for some comprehensive techniques to alleviate knee symptoms and thinking who should I visit, go no further. Consult us right away.
Dr. Zach Beatty, DC
Gonstead Family Chiropractic
7822 Convoy Court
San Diego, CA 92111